Saturday, February 12, 2011

Application Letter (Draft 01)

Lim Yu Tian

BLK 123 Toh Guan Road #05-06 Singapore 600123

HP: +65 91234567 Email: limyt88@gmail.com

MC Online Pte Ltd

Times Centre, 1 New Industrial Road

Singapore 536196

1st February 2011

The Human Resource Department

Dear Sir/Mdm

Enquiry for Instructional Designer Internship

I came to know of the position vacancy of Instructional Designer on Job Street and I am keen to discuss this opportunity for potential internship in greater details. Seeing that Marshall Cavendish Online has been at the frontier of e-learning and has been developing education materials extensively, I believe that my experiences, skills and passion will help the company in these areas.

I am currently an undergraduate student in National University of Singapore (NUS), pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Life Science (specialization in Molecular and Cell Biology) and I am expecting to graduate in May 2013. Besides pursuing academic excellence, I have been actively engaging in free lance opportunities as I believe the best form of work and life experience comes from the real working condition. I believe my experiences can assist the Instructional Designer in the development of educational materials. During my stay in Hong Kah Secondary School as a teaching intern, I have pioneered the development their next generation science teaching material that runs on the PC platform. In addition, I have been working with Theo Education PTE LTD as a free-lance project manager. I have developed teaching materials, conducted camps and workshops and had been on board as the representative for their science department in clinching business deals. Therefore, I will be able to help the company to develop materials that can adapt to different learning configurations and to tailor them according to the needs of clients effectively.

I believe that my planning, logistical and leadership skills and my ability to coordinate different working groups in a dynamic environment will serve the company well. I have assisted in organizing events as an event coordinator for Ultra Global International PTE LTD. For instance, I have helped to coordinate a seminar that had more than 3000 participants and organized company celebrations that involved over a hundred staff. Thus, I can serve the company well in a dynamic working environment that demands flexibility and effective situational response while managing large scale planning and coordination of product development.

With my academic knowledge, planning, logistical skills, leadership and relevant working experiences, I believe am able to work well with people to contribute to your company.

Thank you for considering my request for an internship for the Instructional Designer. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Lim Yu Tian (Mr)

1 comment:

  1. Please ignore the technical glitch of the company's address. I have tried to resolve it but this is the best I can get.

    ReplyDelete